Uncover New Learning Opportunities with a Canadian Study Visa
If you’re planning to study in Canada, a Canadian study permit is necessary. This serves as your student visa for as long as you stay.
Learners taking a course/program that lasts a maximum of six months do not require a Canadian study visa. However, it’s always recommended that you apply for a study visa, so you don’t have any trouble continuing a study program:
Who is Eligible for a Study Visa
Students are allowed to study in Canada if:
- You are in good health; you may be required to pass a medical exam
- You have a written bank statement to show you can cover the expenses, such as tuition fees, living expenses, return transportation
- You are enrolled at a DLI
- You obey the law and have no criminal record
- You justify the officer your purpose of visit to Canada, why you chose that specific program, and that you respect all the conditions of your stay in Canada
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Study Visa
To apply for a Study Visa in Canada, you’ll have to submit:
- A letter of acceptance from a recognized Designated Learning Institution that you plan to attend. Keep in mind that if you’re visiting from outside Canada, your letter of approval must include a DLI
- You need multiple documents to complete the application. Not submitting necessary documents may cause delays and challenges in finalizing your study permit
- A valid explanation for any missing documents due to the Covid-19 (if applicable)
Note: Regardless of whether you’re outside or already in Canada, you should apply for an online study permit. If you have a disability or come across a problem with your online application, you may mention it on paper.
You may apply for a study visa by visiting Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website.
What Happens After Applying?
If your Canadian Student Visa is approved, a visa sticker will be imprinted on your passport, and a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction will be delivered to your inbox.
If you live in a country that requires an Electronic Travel Authorization or a Temporary Residence Visa, you will be issued these documents.st