Study visa

Uncover New Learning Opportunities with a Canadian Study Visa

If you’re planning to study in Canada, a Canadian study permit is necessary. This serves as your student visa for as long as you stay.

Learners taking a course/program that lasts a maximum of six months do not require a Canadian study visa. However, it’s always recommended that you apply for a study visa, so you don’t have any trouble continuing a study program:

Who is Eligible for a Study Visa

Students are allowed to study in Canada if:

  • You are in good health; you may be required to pass a medical exam
  • You have a written bank statement to show you can cover the expenses, such as tuition fees, living expenses, return transportation
  • You are enrolled at a DLI
  • You obey the law and have no criminal record
  • You justify the officer your purpose of visit to Canada, why you chose that specific program, and that you respect all the conditions of your stay in Canada

Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Study Visa

To apply for a Study Visa in Canada, you’ll have to submit:

  • A letter of acceptance from a recognized Designated Learning Institution that you plan to attend. Keep in mind that if you’re visiting from outside Canada, your letter of approval must include a DLI
  • You need multiple documents to complete the application. Not submitting necessary documents may cause delays and challenges in finalizing your study permit
  • A valid explanation for any missing documents due to the Covid-19 (if applicable)

Note: Regardless of whether you’re outside or already in Canada, you should apply for an online study permit. If you have a disability or come across a problem with your online application, you may mention it on paper.

You may apply for a study visa by visiting Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website.

What Happens After Applying?

If your Canadian Student Visa is approved, a visa sticker will be imprinted on your passport, and a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction will be delivered to your inbox.

If you live in a country that requires an Electronic Travel Authorization or a Temporary Residence Visa, you will be issued these